Sunday 1 November 2009

Star Wars Uncut - Preliminary Sketches

I wrote a blog in October about a collaborative Film project I was working on. Called Star Wars Uncut.

(You can read that blog by clicking here)

I thought about many different ways I could approach my portion of the film, Acting it out, Doing Photos with narrative, Stop frame animation with toys, Painting or drawing it as stills (I mean, it's only fifteen seconds but... hey.... I'm a perfectionist.) In any case, I settled on the idea of trying my hand at drawn-animation.


I did a bit of claymation back when I was studying film at college... but never had a chance to do real animation. So I'm pretty much making it up as I go along. I mean, I certainly don't have the correct equipment! haha. But there's a lot that can be done with a macbook and a bit of determination.


There's a couple of the initial sketches for the scene. They are just the backgrounds, and the moving characters have been drawn separately. I'll load the full video up once it's finished.

I'm pretty stoked about finally doing this. Being able to animate will open a lot of doors for me.

No comments: