Tuesday 22 December 2009

Another Idea I will Never Finish - Example 2.

I'm waiting to get my first proper two-page comic "DIMENSIONAL ADVENTURE!" scanned and sorted, so in the meantime I thought I'd throw up my first attempt at doing a proper organized comic. I tried it a few years back and never completed it.

It was for a character I created called "Johnny Bubonic". A normal college student who had been entrusted with a secret mission to protect a microchip that had been implanted into his brain. Or at least, that's what he thought. In fact, he had simply been abducted by bored scientists, who injected him with a whole host of degenerative illnesses.


The idea was going to be that he would go through each day at college, waiting to be called upon to fulfill his duties.... but no one would never call.... and his body would continue to fall apart whilst he tried to live a normal life.

Anyway, although I thought the idea had legs, i never really got into it enough to complete it. So here is the sum total of the completed panels... I had scripted the dialogue for the scene... but never inked it up. Haha. So just imagine that the protagonist Johnny is explaining to his friend about his abduction the previous night... and his new codename.

As soon as I've scanned up my "DIMENSIONAL ADVENTURE!" I'll post it up for you to see.

No comments: