Thursday 29 October 2009

Don't rail on me for raising the bar...

Today I had to do a technical drawing and design for a front door of a listed building. More specifically, I had to do a technical drawing and design of a rail that is to be attached to said front entrance.

It seems a rather strange thing to have to draw a design for a rail, but apparently the council must have any changes to the front of a building shown in pictorial form, before the changes take place. So they can approve that it doesn't detract from the aesthetic of the village street.

Crazy Right?

I don't really have a background in technical drawing, but obviously I design and draw things all the time, so I didn't find it that difficult. However it did end up looking a bit comic book anyway. I'm hoping that the council will appreciate that, rather than instantly rejecting it as the scribblings of a child. haha.

What can I say, the world of technical drawing needs a revamp. Don't rail on me for raising the bar...

1 comment:

Patrick C said...

p.s. Apologies for my brutal brutal pun.