Friday 23 July 2010

"B-Town Blues" - Short Film on Super 8

Regular readers of my blog will know that I am a Cinecam/Super-8 Film enthusiast. I recently got back my first batch of film transfers and am going through the process of putting together some short films of my memories...

Short Film 1: "B-Town Blues".

Description: Brighton's Great Escape festival in 2009 was amazing. My boys and I partied so hard for 3 days straight that we nearly died. This is a short super 8 film I made the morning of the day we stopped partying.



I really love the colours that came through in this video. The saturated blues and greens look so evocative of the 60's and 70's. Alex particularly looks like he's straight out of the Beatles or the Clash!

Many of these first reels that I shot were ways of testing what different types of films can do. The stock I used for this film is called Kodak Ektachrome 64T.

No comments: